ARTASTICS - THREADS


Life's Journey is a mural of Threads.

The threads of my mural are influenced by my spiritual practices, personal values, the love of friends, and special people that have been my guides. They are strengthened by my husband's love and support. The colors are brilliant with the influence of my enthusiasm for continued exploration for meaning and truth.

My threads will continue to weave their unique patterns as I explore life's roads, paths, alleys, and avenues. My beliefs will provide many hues as I continue search for a personal meaning of my existence. Artistic challenges and accomplishments will add the sparkle!

The colors radiate the pulse of my life. There is a rhythm to the design. I have danced, whirled and twirled, even stumbled, but, I do have style!

I am excited about sharing the developing design with you through this Blog.



Sunday, October 5, 2014

Autumn is my Favorite Season!

The beautiful colors of the Northeast every Autumn offer such an array of nature's inherent talents!  I enjoy the glow of golds, bright oranges, and brilliant  reds of the Maple Tree.  The White Birch have a soft yellow with distinguished veins of gold. 





Whether you choice is to walk through a forest  of  color or to select one to appreciate its individual profile  I  do believe Fall is the season of true recognition of the life's rhythms. 


I currently reside in the desert!  The seasonal changes are subtle and their are no forests.  There are
an abundance of Joshua Trees and some even identify some of the groups as a forest.  The are unique in their height, growth, and leaf structure, but they can not compare to the Maples of the Northeast.

My dear Grandchildren often would send pressed leaves understanding my appreciation of colors.  They are young adults now and attention to such  tasks are gone.  I have replaced the ironed leaves trapped in wax paper with my machine embroidery designs of leaves and feathers.  The creative process of embellishments is the greatest enjoyment!

Most of the embroidery free standing lace designs are from Urban Threads.  The feathers are also from this awesome website.










 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment