ARTASTICS - THREADS


Life's Journey is a mural of Threads.

The threads of my mural are influenced by my spiritual practices, personal values, the love of friends, and special people that have been my guides. They are strengthened by my husband's love and support. The colors are brilliant with the influence of my enthusiasm for continued exploration for meaning and truth.

My threads will continue to weave their unique patterns as I explore life's roads, paths, alleys, and avenues. My beliefs will provide many hues as I continue search for a personal meaning of my existence. Artistic challenges and accomplishments will add the sparkle!

The colors radiate the pulse of my life. There is a rhythm to the design. I have danced, whirled and twirled, even stumbled, but, I do have style!

I am excited about sharing the developing design with you through this Blog.



Thursday, April 21, 2011

Birthday Greetings

This was a joyful Birthday.  My Daughter and Granddaughter visited from upstate New York!  I have posted photos on my FB.  I also received many beautiful greetings.  Here are a few of the fabric art postcards.

These are from my friends at Stitching Fingers.  Marja created the first one of personally dyed wool and wet-felted.  She is from the Netherlands.The red fibered art piece filled with lots of beads is from Sharon of England. Mary Lou from Ontario made the beautiful lace and floral design.  Awesome stitch-work with lovely beads. The beautiful mountains is from Mt Bambier, Australia.  Shazz made this gorgeous scenery postcard. I also received some great Easter fabric Postcards.  Thank you for sharing these beautiful and creative works of great friends.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan....Nanette here, from Stitchinfingers. You received a lovely lot of cards from others in the birthday swap. I wanted to apologise because mine isn't on the way yet...I'm away from home on holiday, and forgot to bring it with me to post. It will be in the mail as soon as I get back next week.

    ReplyDelete