ARTASTICS - THREADS


Life's Journey is a mural of Threads.

The threads of my mural are influenced by my spiritual practices, personal values, the love of friends, and special people that have been my guides. They are strengthened by my husband's love and support. The colors are brilliant with the influence of my enthusiasm for continued exploration for meaning and truth.

My threads will continue to weave their unique patterns as I explore life's roads, paths, alleys, and avenues. My beliefs will provide many hues as I continue search for a personal meaning of my existence. Artistic challenges and accomplishments will add the sparkle!

The colors radiate the pulse of my life. There is a rhythm to the design. I have danced, whirled and twirled, even stumbled, but, I do have style!

I am excited about sharing the developing design with you through this Blog.



Monday, May 24, 2010

Gifts Created with Nicki's Lace

I posted in March about Nicki's new Etsy Store, Raviolee Dreams, http://www.ravioleedreams.etsy.com/ I want to share a few ways I incorporate her beautiful lace in my art projects.


The lavendar filled sachets are Birthday Circles. The back includes a poem for each month. They were created for members of Art4Mail Group. Nicki's lace adds a beautiful finishing touch.
The mini-wall hangings to the left are Quote Swaps in the Emprodery Swap Group. I like this statement so much and often incorporate it in my work. Again, Nicki's lace pieces really make the statement!




5 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Jan! You make me want to go home and create with designs. The dyed lace is a nice touch. Can't wait to see what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I want you to how refreshing it is to click on a web-site and hear Christian music. It simply brought tears to my eyes.
    My question is:
    Where can I find the designs for the sachets?
    Thanks again for your beautiful and inspirational site.
    God Bless,
    Sharon
    sandj@olypen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very beautiful! You do great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great blog. Please put the widget for followers as I'd like to follow you. Your way with words is wonderful. Sue @ Sapphire Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful sachets Jan! You do such lovely work, and your generosity touches my soul.

    Love,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete