ARTASTICS - THREADS


Life's Journey is a mural of Threads.

The threads of my mural are influenced by my spiritual practices, personal values, the love of friends, and special people that have been my guides. They are strengthened by my husband's love and support. The colors are brilliant with the influence of my enthusiasm for continued exploration for meaning and truth.

My threads will continue to weave their unique patterns as I explore life's roads, paths, alleys, and avenues. My beliefs will provide many hues as I continue search for a personal meaning of my existence. Artistic challenges and accomplishments will add the sparkle!

The colors radiate the pulse of my life. There is a rhythm to the design. I have danced, whirled and twirled, even stumbled, but, I do have style!

I am excited about sharing the developing design with you through this Blog.



Monday, April 27, 2009

Good People! Embroidery Swap

Now that My breathing has settled down, I can exclaim my joy in receiving this awesome package. Thank you is not enough to express my excitement!!! Just look at the beautiful vintage ephemera; notice the gorgeaous art deco woman with the fox stole...to die for! There are many art deco pieces as well as great old photos. The package also included a book, COLLAGE LOST AND FOUND, which has all sorts of creative ideas. My dearest secret pal also included personal vintage papers as clues to her identity. What absolute fun! Did I tell you I also received a Gift Certificate to a great embroidery design web site....HEY! Do I have two "Pals???" Mighty generous and so well assembled. She went on Ebay to find some of the treasures. Can you tell I am awed My Secret Pal is the B_E_S_T!!! This is a three month Swap in the Goggle Group Embroidery Swap!

2 comments:

  1. What fun... can't think of any more deserving soul! Enjoy the loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jan, I am sure you are in artsy heaven right now! Enjoy, and I can't wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete