ARTASTICS - THREADS


Life's Journey is a mural of Threads.

The threads of my mural are influenced by my spiritual practices, personal values, the love of friends, and special people that have been my guides. They are strengthened by my husband's love and support. The colors are brilliant with the influence of my enthusiasm for continued exploration for meaning and truth.

My threads will continue to weave their unique patterns as I explore life's roads, paths, alleys, and avenues. My beliefs will provide many hues as I continue search for a personal meaning of my existence. Artistic challenges and accomplishments will add the sparkle!

The colors radiate the pulse of my life. There is a rhythm to the design. I have danced, whirled and twirled, even stumbled, but, I do have style!

I am excited about sharing the developing design with you through this Blog.



Friday, April 17, 2009

Chain of Hearts

"A Sip of Tea" ( SWAPED)

This is the first heart I made to trade in the Chain of Hearts Yahoo Group. It is 7 inches wide and 6 inches tall. The heart is accented with a beautiful tea theme design, a quote, " One sip of tea will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond bliss of dreams" - Milton. There are four lavender button accents and a smokey lavender vintage button with a curved pattern. I included a lovely transparency of a woman sipping tea. There is a 1.5 cut on the right edge. This does not interfer with the beauty of this heart.

"Pensive Woman" (SWAPED)

This is the next heart I created. The base of this design was material from a dear friend in Australia. The print corresponded with this image of a pensive woman. I accented this heart with vintage lace and a large decorative black button 2 inches in circumference. The art piece is 6 x 6 inches.
"Faces in Time"
From the early 1900's to the modern-the women's' images are the focal point of this heart. The background is a crazy quilt piece including parts of time, (Robert Kaufman)and black dots. The center shows an actual watch face (Marcus Brothers)with a vintage time-hand and a broken piece of red glass for accent. The heart measures 6 x 5.75 inches. This heart has a soft fiber background.

"Elegant Cowgirl" The Australia fabric print was the background for this beautiful heart. I layered fabric designs from a nice pastel print. I added lace and a 1 inch vintage button for accent. This heart measures 6 x 6.

"Sweet Scent"
I clipped a set of French style crystal perfume bottles from this fabric by Woodrow Studios of London entitled, "Art Deco Style Perfume Crystal Bottles" Sadly this company is no longer in business. I accented with a sheet of metallic weave. A vintage image of an advertisement for cologne was sealed in a perfume bottle tag. Captured is a child holding a bottle for the woman to inhale. A dyed piece of lace and three buttons complete this neat 6 x 6 heart. A gold gilded vintage button complements the gold accents.



1 comment:

  1. Jan, what beauty here! I love all these hearts and the way you have composed them around themes! They are all delightful, a true reflection of your glorious art!

    ReplyDelete