ARTASTICS - THREADS


Life's Journey is a mural of Threads.

The threads of my mural are influenced by my spiritual practices, personal values, the love of friends, and special people that have been my guides. They are strengthened by my husband's love and support. The colors are brilliant with the influence of my enthusiasm for continued exploration for meaning and truth.

My threads will continue to weave their unique patterns as I explore life's roads, paths, alleys, and avenues. My beliefs will provide many hues as I continue search for a personal meaning of my existence. Artistic challenges and accomplishments will add the sparkle!

The colors radiate the pulse of my life. There is a rhythm to the design. I have danced, whirled and twirled, even stumbled, but, I do have style!

I am excited about sharing the developing design with you through this Blog.



Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Darfur: A Survivor

03/11/09 - "Darfur about to get a lot worse - if we allow it "(Nicholas Kristof, columnist for The New York Times.) Sudan has made a decision to expel aid groups that are a lifeline keeping more than a million people alive in Darfur.

Health clinics have already closed, and diarrhea is spreading in camps and meningitis. These camps are huge, 90,000 people and disease can spread rapidly. Children will be the first to die. The first crisis will be disease and water shortage, particularly in West Darfur.

President, Omar al-Bahir has been indited for war crimes and genocide throughout Sudan.The thought is this decision to remove the aid groups is a retaliation.

I just completed an informative and powerful book, Tears of the Desert, written with Damien Lewis. As a black African tribe, Zaghawa, inhabited the Southern Darfur region in Sudan. She was the first from her village to go to the university and to qualify as a medical doctor.

Her experiences are a testimony of the war crimes including the use of rape as a weapon of war.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2008/jul/22/halima.bashir

I believe we need to be aware of the truth and do what is within our sphere of influence. And pray......


How You Can Help:

http://www.womenforwomen.org/
www.asiafoundation.org
www.usawc.state.gov

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for enlightening us Jan. I will have to get the book and read about it. I had heard of this going on, but hearing it from her has more impact. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan. You are a beacon of hope.

    ReplyDelete