ARTASTICS - THREADS


Life's Journey is a mural of Threads.

The threads of my mural are influenced by my spiritual practices, personal values, the love of friends, and special people that have been my guides. They are strengthened by my husband's love and support. The colors are brilliant with the influence of my enthusiasm for continued exploration for meaning and truth.

My threads will continue to weave their unique patterns as I explore life's roads, paths, alleys, and avenues. My beliefs will provide many hues as I continue search for a personal meaning of my existence. Artistic challenges and accomplishments will add the sparkle!

The colors radiate the pulse of my life. There is a rhythm to the design. I have danced, whirled and twirled, even stumbled, but, I do have style!

I am excited about sharing the developing design with you through this Blog.



Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Trip to the East Coast

OUR Anne! Seven years ago I met Anne at the Albuquerque Airport. I was flying to Millbrook, and Anne was returning home near Buffalo. She had visited her son's family in New Mexico. I have embraced for many years the quote, "An Unexpected Encounter May Connect One More Firmly to the Meaning of Life."
Anne and I maintained our friendship through the years. Don and I visited Anne on our trip back to New York. Don, finally got to meet Anne after all our letters (yes, she sends me pages of handwritten letters!) and our weekly telephone calls. Anne is 79 and lives alone in a small home with a wonderful organic garden. Through the years she has sent us freshly grown garlic, canned tomatoes, and even a frozen box with dry ice of delicious home-made porgies! I so enjoy her receipes and suggestions when I tell her what I am cooking for dinner! Imagine the love she has to share. We were so blessed to have enjoyed few days with her. We visited the Butterfly Museum in Canada and Niagara Falls.

Butterflies enjoy fresh fruit! There were thousands of different butterflies flying about. It was magical.




Anne enjoyed all the beautiful flowers...Don did not realize Anne got behind him to make sure we noticed the flowers!
This "Unexpected Encounter" has offered Don and I a treasure of memories.

4 comments:

  1. Jan, what a joy for you to enjoy your special friend in her home. I am so happy for you. I love learning how friends meet, and this is a very special meeting that has lasted a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. What a nice trip.
    Hugs,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just tagged you with a blog award. You can pick it up at the 14 Secrets blog or at my blog! Enjoy the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe in coincidences - sounds like a friendship meant to be. Very touching, and I love the garden!

    ReplyDelete