ARTASTICS - THREADS


Life's Journey is a mural of Threads.

The threads of my mural are influenced by my spiritual practices, personal values, the love of friends, and special people that have been my guides. They are strengthened by my husband's love and support. The colors are brilliant with the influence of my enthusiasm for continued exploration for meaning and truth.

My threads will continue to weave their unique patterns as I explore life's roads, paths, alleys, and avenues. My beliefs will provide many hues as I continue search for a personal meaning of my existence. Artistic challenges and accomplishments will add the sparkle!

The colors radiate the pulse of my life. There is a rhythm to the design. I have danced, whirled and twirled, even stumbled, but, I do have style!

I am excited about sharing the developing design with you through this Blog.



Sunday, September 7, 2008

Special Friends

It has been over a month since I posted!!! A busy month for sure. I received a nice selection of beautiful vintage button from Barbara. (14 Secrets) She is a collector, and I am thrilled she shared these with me:
From the same Yahoo Group I enjoyed a trade of Fairy Slippers. The participants; Barbara, Gena, and Deb created awesome Slippers:


The Fairy Slippers are 3 inches long...so darling! I included the following in the mailing of these precious shoes for the little ones:


The initial photo was shared by Wanda (Fiber Arts Trade). I added the message and altered the image in PhotoShop.






6 comments:

  1. I stopped by to say thanks for participating in Amber Dawn's Think Pink Charms Exchange. I received one of your lovely lace motif angel charms. I can't wait to see it on my bracelet.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend Barbara must know you will treasure these vintage buttons. You deserve pretty things as you are such a sweet woman.
    The fairy shoes are adorable! Could I ask where the pattern can be purchased? I could see these on a tree year round.
    Your Comfort Dolls arrived and I so enjoyed looking closely at the fabric. Beautiful! Thank you for the pretty book mark and for your sponsorship. You truly are a generous woman and I am fortunate to call my friend.
    Hugs,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, what a lovely kind thing you are doing making such wonderful comfort dolls. I happened upon these on the projects site. I look forward to making one or more.
    The fairy slippers are lovely! Thinking of you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, Jan, Jan!!! More dolls arrived, and they are so adorable. Little sweet hearts, and I can't wait to post them. Thank you so much on behalf of the Comfort Doll Project. I also thank you for the fairy slippers and I am itching to try my hand at them. You are much too kind,and I appreciate all you do.Have fun in NY!
    Hugs,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, I posted your newest shipment of Comfort dolls and wanted to thank you again for everything. I cannot wait to try the fairy shoes. You are such a sweet friend. The new dolls just beg to be pinched on the cheeks. So adorable.
    Hugs,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I recognize my photograph of my statue and slippers:) I like how you faded it. Wanda

    ReplyDelete