ARTASTICS - THREADS


Life's Journey is a mural of Threads.

The threads of my mural are influenced by my spiritual practices, personal values, the love of friends, and special people that have been my guides. They are strengthened by my husband's love and support. The colors are brilliant with the influence of my enthusiasm for continued exploration for meaning and truth.

My threads will continue to weave their unique patterns as I explore life's roads, paths, alleys, and avenues. My beliefs will provide many hues as I continue search for a personal meaning of my existence. Artistic challenges and accomplishments will add the sparkle!

The colors radiate the pulse of my life. There is a rhythm to the design. I have danced, whirled and twirled, even stumbled, but, I do have style!

I am excited about sharing the developing design with you through this Blog.



Sunday, June 15, 2008

ART IN A CARTON

I am so thrilled to have been selected as a partner for this wonderful art project. I have received four "Art in a Carton"with wonderful gifts in each. My Art in a Cartons were from Susan L. of Germany (the initiator of this great project!), Lubna U. of Essex, Jill S. of England, and Shakti G. of Spain. Imagine the excitement of discovering a beautifully altered container with artistic objects included. It has been joyous!

I have assembled my cartoons to prepare for the exchange. I have completed some neat art objects to include. I will post them when they are completed this week.

The photo captures two of the Art Cartons I received and a variety of the neat art objects. An eight-drawer dresser with delights in each one! A nicely formed hand with marvelous colors to hold a small incense cone or, or, or! Two hand-made booklets, and a Sun-Goddess flat doll. Imagine, an opportunity to exchange art pieces from friends all over the WORLD in an altered milk container!

Thank you Susan for this great experience.

2 comments:

  1. Your art swap items are lovely Jan! Enjoy them and I look forward to chatting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan
    Just wanted to let you know I received your beautifully decoated carton and all the gorgeous little gifts you so generously enclosed within - Thank you so very much! I adored ebverything you sent me and I could tell each piece of Art was made with such love and care. I will treasure your gifts always.

    I enjoyed taking part in "Art in a carton" and feel very privileged to have done so. Many thanks once again :-)
    Lubna (UK)

    ReplyDelete