ARTASTICS - THREADS


Life's Journey is a mural of Threads.

The threads of my mural are influenced by my spiritual practices, personal values, the love of friends, and special people that have been my guides. They are strengthened by my husband's love and support. The colors are brilliant with the influence of my enthusiasm for continued exploration for meaning and truth.

My threads will continue to weave their unique patterns as I explore life's roads, paths, alleys, and avenues. My beliefs will provide many hues as I continue search for a personal meaning of my existence. Artistic challenges and accomplishments will add the sparkle!

The colors radiate the pulse of my life. There is a rhythm to the design. I have danced, whirled and twirled, even stumbled, but, I do have style!

I am excited about sharing the developing design with you through this Blog.



Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tea Charms


I purchased these beautiful tea pieces from an area Antique Store. They were tarnished and linked on a thin chain. I removed each one and polished it. It was a delight to embellish each "tea charm" with a variety of rhinestones, swarovski crystals, and charms. I wear them individually or a few together. Lots of curiosity and compliments. I have also enjoyed creating a variety of Tea Fabric Poastcards. The month of June there will be a WORLD TEA EXPO. I have been asked to prepare a selection of fabric tea postcards for the cover of a local newspaper, "The CountryRegister." (www.countryregister.com)


Here a few I have completed. There is a great selection of Tea Fabric prints in my local quilt stores. I have add different machine embroidery patterns and vintage buttons. I am also making matching of matching bookmarks.


















7 comments:

  1. I love your tea, lace and roses cards and the bookmark! nice job!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, I love your tea finds, what treasures. I just posted about your dolls on my blog www.gatherings100.blogspot.com. So much to share, I will post on the comfort doll blog tomorrow. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog Jan! Your teaspoons are beautiful. What do you think about making yourself a necklace attaching all tea items? It would be so so cool! Thank you for the info on the comfort dolls. When my shoulder is better I will join you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, your Tea, Lace and Rose FPC's are beautiful. I love the charms....what a treasure find!
    Congratulations on being asked to create fabric tea postcarcds for the World Tea Expo....your charms will look lovely on them.
    Hugs,
    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw your name on Pat's Comfort Dolls blog... are you "Aunt Jan" from Abq?!

    Neat tea things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan!
    Those spoons and tea charms are LOVELY!!!

    Miss hearing from you.

    I hope you are doing better.
    I am praying for you!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are typically you and oh so gorgeous! You are definitely an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete