ARTASTICS - THREADS


Life's Journey is a mural of Threads.

The threads of my mural are influenced by my spiritual practices, personal values, the love of friends, and special people that have been my guides. They are strengthened by my husband's love and support. The colors are brilliant with the influence of my enthusiasm for continued exploration for meaning and truth.

My threads will continue to weave their unique patterns as I explore life's roads, paths, alleys, and avenues. My beliefs will provide many hues as I continue search for a personal meaning of my existence. Artistic challenges and accomplishments will add the sparkle!

The colors radiate the pulse of my life. There is a rhythm to the design. I have danced, whirled and twirled, even stumbled, but, I do have style!

I am excited about sharing the developing design with you through this Blog.



Friday, February 8, 2008

Comfort Dolls



Comfort dolls, also called healing/spirit dolls, have become my latest art challenge. I have just completed , "Dear One." My Universe Doll- The banner reads, " The Universe Totally Supports Us in Every Thought. We Choose to Think and Believe." Dressed in lavender with stars, moons, blond curls and a flowered hat she is eager to be packed with her diary. She is ready to take her journey. She is so excited about meeting her friends in Vermont. Lore C. (14 Secrets-listed) is hosting this wonderful Swap. She will assign the dolls to the awaiting artists. I am so sad to send her on this trip, but I know she is meant to be with someone else. The photo shows "Dear One," with a creative healing doll I recently received. Isn't she a doll to hug! I am so excited to have her visit with me. It makes it easier to send "Dear One" on her journey.



I made some additional comfort dolls, a Valentines Doll for my dear Aunt Rose, a Tea Doll for sweet Lore for hosting this Swap, and another purple darling for the "Comfort Doll Project" (listed). The pattern is from Carmen of the (F.A.T.) Fabric Arts Trade Yahoo Group. It is so unique.

I have infused each one with healing energy; the stitching was entwined with love, and they are filled with comforting bright light. I am eager to send them on their way.

1 comment:

  1. Jan, your beautiful purple comfort doll arrived.She is lovely and has a soothing quallity about her. Thank you so much for donating to the Comfort Doll project.Pat
    www.comfortdolls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete